The Life of an Aspiring Teenage Writer Headline Animator

The Life of an Aspiring Teenage Writer

Sunday, October 24, 2010

my writing

New Post
Am I crazy to love you?

I want to run, run far away
Just forget the lousy events of today
Close my eyes for a quick second
See you there engrossed in your book

I stare for a second then look away
I don’t even think you notice
But… Out of the corner of my eye
I see you staring at me…

And it makes me believe
That maybe this was meant to be
Not spilling my lunch all over
Or tripping over my two feet
But this moment right here

You wink at me and smile
My heart melts and I feel faint
Are you thinking about me?
I wish I knew

Nothing in life has turned out right
It is never fair
 I hate being so naïve
You walk over to me

My heart stops,
Struggling to stand
Losing my footing when you come by
And you catch me

And it makes me believe
That maybe this was meant to be
Not spilling my lunch all over
Or tripping over my two feet
But this moment right here

My friends give me a look
That says what are you getting yourself into
Why go for the guy who dates everyone ,
has made countless girls cry
 Am I crazy to love you?


But you captured my heart
Intriguing me by your adventurous attitude
You are so outgoing
Never keep your thoughts to yourself
Always able to crack a joke

Those hazel eyes
That leather jacket
The motorcycle you ride everyday
It makes me crazy, cra-azy for you.

Then I remember
The time you hotwired that car
It was a mustang, navy blue
Belonging to that girl in science
Just because she spread a stupid rumor about me
Am I crazy to love you?


And it makes me believe
That maybe this was meant to be
Not spilling my lunch all over
Or tripping over my two feet
But this moment right here

Flash forward to our first date
It was perfect
We were both so nervous
You seemed so different around me
Than other girls you used to see
Am I crazy to love you?

Like this would really last
We both had a blast
Am I crazy to love you?

This is crazy
Just maybe it can work out
Am I crazy to love you?

Am I crazy to love you?
 Am I crazy to love you?
Or do you keep me sane

And it makes me believe
That maybe this was meant to be
Not spilling my lunch all over
Or tripping over my two feet
But this moment right here
 Just wait and see


The Day The World Changed
                                               
On September 11th the world totally changed
All of our lives got rearranged
Some people lost the ones they love
Others, quite before their time, went up to heaven above

Now security has strengthened to protect us all
We stick together, mighty and tall
Al Quada terrorists ran amuck
Making our lives suck

They flew airplanes into the World Trade Center
It is something I don’t want to remember
A bad part of our history
Caused a heck of a lot of misery

Four planes they did hijack
We were under attack
The white house was where one was to head
The passengers prevented the president from ending up dead

We made rescue efforts, went sky high
To prevent others from having to die
We lost police officers, firefighters, and workers that day
A crime in life they shouldn’t have to pay

The video we saw made me feel like I was there
It wasn’t easy to bear
Seeing the building, I knew it didn’t have a chance
After I saw it get hit away I did glance

Now we all remember this event
Letting our feelings vent
This will always be remembered but World Trade Center will be
Rebuilt but what happen to it always an important memory

The Make-Up Artist Murder

Elizabeth- A very famous actress
Attractive
Sassy
Intelligent
Arrogant

Seth- An up and coming actor
Muscular
Sensitive
Tall
Attentive

Abigail- Seth’s wife
Unhappy
Bored
Sweet
Thin

Louie- Elizabeth’s husband
Funny
Smart
Mysterious

Tyler Logan- Director of the movie
Observant
Worrier
Workaholic
Genius

Police Officer
Tall
Muscular
Clever





Scene 1 ( the set of a new movie)

Narrator- Elizabeth is pacing up and down the set. She is staring at her script trying to embed each word into her brain.
Elizabeth- I can so do this. I have done this thousands of times. This is going to be great because of me!
Narrator- Tyler Logan, the film’s director,  sneers at her pep talk and prepares his camera to begin filming.
Tyler Logan- Everybody come over here. I am ready to start filming. Are we all in hair and makeup?
Narrator: The actors nod in unison and move to the director.
Seth- Do I look okay?
Elizabeth- You look fine. But don’t I look fabulous?
Narrator- Everyone gives her a blank stare.
Tyler Logan- Ok 1, 2, 3 action!
Narrator- The cameras begin rolling.
Elizabeth- Wait! I need more makeup and a better fitting outfit. Hold on a second.
Narrator- Elizabeth walks away off stage to change.
Tyler Logan- (groans) Ugh! Again she does this!
Seth- Just do the scene already!
Tyler Logan- (whispering to himself) Is this girl even worth it? I’m starting to think her talent is a fluke.
Narrator- Elizabeth walks back in, in a new costume.
Elizabeth- I’m ready for my scenes. I’m going to kill this!
Scene 2
Narrator: In Elizabeth’s trailer she is drinking a Vitamin Water Zero and eating what looks to be a small part of a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch when Seth walks in.
Seth: Is that all your eating? Did you eat a big breakfast or something?
Elizabeth- Nope I don’t have time for breakfast. I’m probably going to go on another cleanse soon. They are so so purifying.
Seth- Ok…. well I just wanted to talk to you about something.
Elizabeth- (without looking at him) Yes I’m listening.
Seth- (turning to make eye contact) You’re just so exasperating! You act like this is a one women movie and everyone is your servant and that you are better than they are!
Elizabeth- I am appalled! ( looking in the mirror, at herself) I work to the best of my ability, so If I ask someone to get me something like a drink or a magazine I expect them to do it. It is like part of their job.

Narrator- Seth exits her trailer feeling even more annoyed than when he came in.
Scene 3 ( In the kitchen of Seth’e house – Seth is still upset about Elizabeth’s behavior)
Narrator: Seth and his wife Abigail are discussing Elizabeth.
Seth- She is just so annoying! She thinks she is all that but she is anything but. I wish someone could just get through to that woman that the world doesn’t revolve around her!
Abigail- She can’t really be that bad.
Seth- Trust me she is. I want to quit this movie!
Abigail- Then why don’t you quit? I really miss you here.
Seth- I can’t. This could be the next big break of my career. So I definitely need to put up with that little brat and stick it out.
Abigail- (sighs) Sure, I guess you have to.
Scene 4  (Seth’s kitchen.  He walks in, in his pajamas )
Narrator- The next morning at 6:30 AM Seth awakes to find that his wife is gone and sees a note on the kitchen table. He reads it assuming that she went to the store or had an errand to run.
Seth- Oh my god. What the heck! How c-could she be leaving me? Me! I do everything for her, take care of her, support her, love her. This isn’t what I deserve!
Narrator- He rereads the note outloud and pinches himself to see if he is awake.
 Seth- I love you and I know you love me. But I’m just not happy anymore. With all of your movies you are never here. I am alone all day and most of the night. I fell in love with the man who was struggling to make it, not the full-time workaholic actor. I have to find someone who cares enough to make time for me, not just their rising career. Good luck and goodbye. Love, Abigail
Seth-  (collapsing on the kitchen chair, crying) This can’t be happening. I just can’t……
Scene 5 (the movie set with Tyler and Elizabeth)
Narrator- Seth walks onto the set two hours late trying to keep it together and not cry anymore.
Tyler Logan (angrily)- Seth, where have you been?
Seth- Abigail left me.
Elizabeth- Oh my god, I’m so sorry.
A stage hand comes out and hands Tyler a note.  He reads it.
Tyler Logan- We have bigger problems than that folks. Look over here.
Tyler- I was just given a note that says a dead body was found this morning in the make-up trailer….it was….
Elizabeth- That’s Kekee the makeup artist. She made me look amazing. What am I going to do without her!
Seth- (turning to Elizabeth, incredulous) Is that really all you can think about at a time like this, you self-centered twit. Have the police been notified?
Tyler Logan- Yes they are coming to the crime scene. This scandal is huge. When word gets out this is on all our heads.
Elizabeth- How d-dare you c-call me a twit y-you…(starts hitting Seth on the arm- he stops her)
Tyler Logan- No time for arguing now.. We have to get ready to give the police our alibis. I was at home working on the film with the staff. Where were you?
Seth- I was with Abigail, the maid was there too.
Elizabeth- I was at home in my Jacuzzi.
Tyler Logan- Can anyone verify you were there? What about your husband?
Elizabeth- He was working and no one else was home. Does that mean I’m a suspect?
Tyler Logan- God why did this have to happen to us?
Seth- Yes, you are a suspect, probably one of their prime suspects since you don’t have an airtight alibi.
Elizabeth- That’s just great.
Scene 6 (Elizabeth’s house – the gym)
Narrator-Before being questioned by the police Elizabeth is relaxing in her ridiculously huge sized mansion doing exercises her personal trainer told her would help keep her “movie star thin”.
Narrator- Louie, Elizabeth’s husband, walks in.
Louie- Honey I’m home.
Elizabeth- Hi, I’m in the middle of something.
Louie- Sorry, whats for dinner?
Elizabeth- Whatever you feel like making. I already ate.
Louie- (Looking hurt) You didn’t wait for me?
Elizabeth- No I was too hungry and you weren’t here.
Louie- But,it’s only 4:30.
Elizabeth- If you want a nice home cooked meal, get us a cook. I can’t do the cooking, the cleaning, and my career. I have wanted one forever.
Louie- I just don’t think its necessary. I think you could do some of the heavy-lifting around here.
Elizabeth- I grace you with my presence- not my housework. I do plenty of the heavy lifting around here.
Louie- Nothing besides your weights. (he gestures to them on the ground) You’re the boss lady dropping everything on me. I clean, cook, and do the laundry. You do nothing.
Elizabeth- I’m too busy to help you nor do I actually want too.
Louie- You’re a spoiled brat. You’ve gotten everything you ever wanted but you never do anything for anyone but yourself.
Elizabeth- So, you married me.
Louie- Screw you.
Narrator- Louie walks away, enters their bedroom, and slams the door shut.
Scene 7 (The police station)
Narrator- At the police station Elizabeth is now being questioned individually because she doesn’t have an alibi for her whereabouts on the night of the murder.
Cop- What was your relationship to Kekee?
Elizabeth- She was my makeup artist.
Cop- You don’t seem to care much that she was gone.
Elizabeth- Why should I? I hardly knew her. She powdered my face and put on my lipstick and made me more perfect. God love the girl she made me look ten years younger.
Cop- Where were you on the night Kekee was murdered?
Elizabeth- I already told you. I was at home taking a bath and doing pilates.
Cop- But we have no one to confirm that with.
Elizabeth- That’s not my fault.
Cop- Did you ever have any hostility towards Kekee. Did she do your makeup wrong, give you the wrong latte?
Elizabeth- No she always did my makeup right and someone else gets me my non-fat latte. What are you implying here.
Cop- Nothing. It’s just you are the only suspect so far.
Elizabeth- It’s not my fault the murderer hasn’t come forward. Who can blame them? I wouldn’t come forward If I had murdered someone. Jail is so so scary. It must be the worst place ever….
Cop- I see. What would you do if you had murdered Kekee?
Elizabeth- I’d lie about where I was like anyone else. Can you get to your point?
Cop- I had no point.(He shakes his head)
Narrator- The cop begins to jot things down quickly.
Elizabeth- (watching him nervously) What are you writing? You can’t possibly think I did this. I would never risk going to jail. If you are there, you can’t leave to buy mascara and lipstick.
Narrator- The cop wonders if this girl is really so dumb or if she is pretending to be incompetent to avoid suspicion. He takes one last note.
Cop- That’s all for today. If you have any information that can help us, please let us know. (He hands her his card)
Elizabeth- Sure. Why wouldn’t I?
Scene 8 (Seth’s trailer)
Narrator- The filming is cancelled for today to get over the initial shock of this tragedy. Elizabeth walks into Seth’s trailer to see him take a massive bite of a Subway footlong.
Seth- Do you want some? It’s really good.
Elizabeth- No I’ll pass. Do you think my butt looks big? (She turns around for him to look)
Seth- No, if anything I think you should gain weight, not lose it.
Elizabeth- Thank you.
Seth- That’s not a compliment.
Narrator- Elizabeth looks around at the trailer.
Elizabeth- Why do you have so many pictures in here?
Seth- They are of my family.
Elizabeth- Ok whatever. It just seems a little odd.
Seth- You know I wanted kids. I really was ready. If it wasn’t for this stupid role…
Elizabeth- Why do you want kids? I hate the little brats. This is not a stupid role. You get to co-star with me and get tons of exposure. Haven’t you learned a lot from me?
Seth- Yeah, like how not to act toward others.
Elizabeth- Excuse me. What did you just say?
Seth- Maybe if you weren’t such a jerk you might be a likeable person and not have everyone hating your guts.
Elizabeth- Everyone loves me.
Seth- That’s not true. Is it something that happened to you? Did your parents split up or something?
Elizabeth- No I had the perfect life. Why?
Seth- I’m just looking to find something that I like about you. Frankly I’m having a lot of trouble with it.
Elizabeth- I’m pretty, a great actor, and I went to Harvard Law.
Seth- You went to Harvard Law? Did you pay to get in?
Elizabeth- No, my father wouldn’t let me. I had to get in the old fashioned way. I wanted to help people, but this way I can by just putting my face on a movie screen.
Seth- You have a twisted  view of reality and a lot to learn!
Elizabeth- Maybe you have the wrong view of life and a lot to learn. I know it all. I have been in this business since I was sixteen.
Seth- You have also been a self centered jerk who doesn’t care about anyone else since you were born!
Scene 9 (Elizabeth’s mansion, the hallway)
Narrator- Elizabeth walks into the foyer of her home
Elizabeth- Honey I’m home! If you want dinner order takeout. I need a nap.
Louie- Have you seen the news. The media is covering the murder of your makeup artist.
Elizabeth- Really, did they mention me?
Louie- Yes, they are hinting that you are the prime suspect.
Elizabeth- How can they do that?
Louie- It’s all the evidence they have.
Elizabeth- You don’t think I did it do you?
Louie- Of course not its just…. did she mess up your makeup or give you the wrong latte?
Elizabeth- I can’t believe what you are implying. Do you actually think I could be capable of murder?
Louie- I don’t know. I don’t know who you are anymore.
Elizabeth- I’m the same Elizabeth you married.
Louie- (angrily) No you’re not, the Elizabeth I married was happy just to have a job and was willing to get a latte for the bigger actors. You just treat everyone lousy and expect them to tolerate it. We are done!
Elizabeth- What are you saying? I am Elizabeth….she runs over and tries to grab him)
Seth- (he pushes her away) I don’t want to hear it. I’m leaving you! (He leaves the house and slams the door
Scene 10 (the police station- the cop is sitting at his desk)
Narrator- The cop is getting frustrated. He wants to believe Elizabeth did it but has a gut feeling that she is innocent.
Cop- Who could have done this? If I don’t figure it out I’m in trouble.
Narrator- He looks through her file one more time desperate for something to come to him. He reads it and something catches his eye.
Cop- How could I have missed this? It was staring right in front of me.
 Why is this hardly even visible? Darn copier. He slams the paper on his desk and runs out of the station.
Narrator- The cop is now hopeful that this murder investigation has an answer.
Scene 11 (hotel room)
Narrator- Elizabeth is wearing sunglasses and a huge hat trying to cover up her face. She is lying on the bed in the best suite of the best hotel she can find. She can’t believe this is happening.
Elizabeth- Why God why? I didn’t murder her. He can’t be leaving me. We are perfect together. Is karma coming back to bite me in the butt?( She looks up as if talking to God)  . I didn’t think you were shallow enough to work that way.
Narrator- She flips through the tv channels and watches the news story expecting to hear that she is the prime suspect in the murder investigation of Kekee.
Tv reporter- We have just found out who murdered Kekee Robinson Although a prime suspect, it was not the movie star Elizabeth Tyler. It was the victim’s ex-husband, Roger Mason, whom she eloped with two years ago and divorced just weeks after. Apparently, he wanted to steal the money in her bank account that she inherited from her grandfather who had passed away.
Narrator- Elizabeth sighs with relief and looks up towards the sky.
Elizabeth- God I promise I will be a better person and try to think about others rather than only myself and my needs and wants. Thank you for giving me this chance. I won’t waste it.
(Curtain down)


Just Another Day

Wind blowing like crazy
I was too lazy
Ended up in a storm today
Now the elements have come to play

Rain crashing down on me
Now lightning is all I see
I close my eyes
And think of memories I love and despise

What would I change about my personality
Small and minor all reflecting my reality
I sit and think about it
Having all the time in the world to go through bit by bit

I go from happy to sad
Entirely hating feeling this bad
Thinking about what I have and what I miss
It is practically impossible to reminisce

I miss the days when life was perfect
There were only a few times I can detect
My life has changed
Been totally rearranged

I have not been well
Nothing serious, just a little hell
Losing someone close to me
I try to tell myself it was just meant to be

Bad timing is all
With school coming in the fall
I brace myself for the worst
Hoping I will like it, this would be a first

Tomorrow will be better than today
Soon this will be another distant yesterday
You tell yourself only big things matter
But, that is not the truth, seeing a puddle splatter

Is not the highlight of my youth, but the expression that I saw through it
My hair tightly clung to my face, my eyes widely lit
A smile on my face
Is something seldom seen, so the memory I will not erase
Life just has to go on no matter what
Granted it is a pain in the butt
No one can see what an individual is going through
But I am trying to

Everyone has a rough day
A little smile is appreciated I say
Do more than just sympathize
Besides coming up with a million lies

The sun is shining brightly on me
This time of reflection has helped me see who I want to be
Attempting to help others and keep a positive mind
I will forget this bad day and leave most of it behind



Tell me honestly what you think of these.
























3 comments: